PPSWG is comprised of producers of branded and generic prescription, non-prescription pharmaceutical products and sharps.
Membership in PPSWG and participation in MED-Project programs bring advantages in terms of shared-cost compliance and the ability to have input on the design of mandated take-back programs. MED-Project serves as the stewardship organization designated by PPSWG producers to implement and operate mandated take-back programs. PPSWG members are required to pay PPSWG membership dues, as well as program participation fees for any jurisdiction-specific MED-Project programs in which they choose to participate.
PPSWG membership offers the following:
Compliance with Mandated Take-Back Programs
Membership in PPSWG provides producers the opportunity to participate in MED-Project programs in jurisdictions with mandated take-back programs. MED-Project serves as the stewardship organization designated by PPSWG producers to implement and operate mandated take-back programs. Become a member of PPSWG and participate in MED-Project programs to ensure your company’s compliance with mandated household pharmaceutical products and sharps take-back programs.
PPSWG must authorize all expenditures related to MED-Project’s implementation of its take-back programs. PPSWG members select which jurisdiction-specific MED-Project programs they would like to participate in. They share the costs of the programs in which they are participants.
PPSWG shares information about the costs of MED-Project’s operations with its members and develops cost-sharing formulas with the participation of PPSWG members.
PPSWG regularly communicates with its members through its Weekly Bulletin and monthly Member Call. These tools contain industry updates, information on MED-Project activities, legislative and regulatory updates, and other relevant news affecting our members. PPSWG members also gain access to our members-only website, which contains additional resources available only to PPSWG.
PPSWG monitors and provides information on relevant drug take-back legislation and Regulations. Additionally, PPSWG provides formal comments on Regulations that impact MED-Project operations.
Structure & Dues
PPSWG members are required to pay PPSWG membership dues, as well as program participation fees for any jurisdiction-specific MED-Project programs the member chooses to participate in.
More information is available. Contact us today!
PPSWG Membership provides:
- The opportunity to participate in jurisdiction-approved MED-Project compliance programs. Participation in these programs demonstrates compliance to jurisdictions with mandated take-back programs
- PPSWG provides members an on-line, secure compliance portal to efficiently select jurisdictions in which companies wish to participate in MED-Project take-back programs.
- Access to the PPSWG Members Only website.
- Access to the Monthly Member Calls and information conveyed on these calls regarding pharmaceutical products and sharps take-back programs.
- Access to the Weekly Bulletin which provides insights and updates on pharmaceutical products and sharps take back programs, upcoming compliance deadlines, pending legislation/regulations, and PPSWG & MED-Project activities.
- Access to PPSWG and MED-Project staff.